Sugar Baked Apples
- 2 medium cooking apples (such as Cortland, Idared, Granny Smith or Jonathan)
- 1/4 cup raisins, dried cranberries or dried tart cherries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 Pop-Tarts® Oatmeal Delights™ Frosted Mapley Brown Sugar toaster pastries
2. In small bowl combine raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into centers of apples. Pour apple juice into pan around apples. Tightly cover with foil. Bake, covered, at 350°F for 35 minutes. Remove foil. Spoon liquid over apples. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes more or until apples are tender, basting occasionally.
3. Place in dessert dishes. Sprinkle with KELLOGG’S POP-TARTS Oatmeal Delights Frosted Mapley Brown Sugar toaster pastry pieces. Serve warm.