Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Corn
Movie night just got tastier. Salty popcorn drizzled with caramel and a Chocolate Peanut Butter crumble will have you saying: “encore!”
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 3 Pop-Tarts Gone Nutty!™ Frosted Chocolate Peanut Butter toaster pastries
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Line 17 x 12 x 1-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside. Remove and discard all unpopped kernels from popcorn. Place popcorn in large bowl. Set aside. Cut POP-TARTS GONE NUTTY Frosted Chocolate Peanut Butter toaster pastries into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
2. In medium saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn. Toss until completely coated.
3. Spread popcorn mixture in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, at 250° F for 15 minutes. Stir. Continue baking, uncovered, at 250° F for 10 minutes more. Stir in toaster pastry pieces. Continue baking, uncovered, at 250° F for 5 minutes more. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Break into chunks. Store in airtight container for up to 2 days.